I found this old, neglected dresser at auction. It was missing its mirror, but still had the old arms that held it in place, which I removed. The veneer was chipped everywhere, so I used wood filler to even out the holes.
After sanding down the dresser I cleaned years of grime off of the drawer pulls using vinegar, baking sode and a wire brush, exposing the original brass. Funny thing is, I ended up spray painting them brown anyway!
I thoroughly cleaned the entire piece. I couldn’t stain the top so I left the decorative wood piece in its natural state, painting the rest in white and gray Chalked Paint by Rust-Oleum. It was protected in the same Matte clear finish.
I hope you like it! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
On to the next project!